Happy New Year! When do we officially stop saying “Happy New Year”?? Well, it’s still January (although the very last day of Jan, haha) and it is my first blog post for the year, so I figured why not. Hope you’ve all had a great start to the year. Fill me in on what your goals are for this year in the comment section below. I feel pretty inspired when I read about others goals and “new year resolutions”.
I thought it would be great to do another Best of Boxycharm post. I created a list for the year of 2017 so if you’re curious then please click here. I do boxycharm unboxings every month on my Instastories so be sure to follow me @slay_uniqueness
- DR. BRANDT SKINCARE pores no more® Luminizer Primer – $38. I’ve only read great things about this brand so when I saw a sneak peek for this product, I lost it. lol. It’s perfect for all skin types and does an amazing job at blurring the look of pores as well as giving the skin that glows from within.
- CoverFX Shimmer Veil Amethyst – $28. I know a “liquid shadow” works well when it doesn’t crease or crack. The formula of this is smooth, it’s pigmented so a little goes a long way and the multidimensional shimmer looks dazzling on the eyes.
- Ofra Cosmetics Pop-Up Palette – $20. I was so chuffed that I received this because I was in need of a magnetic palette for my single shadows. “The Pop-Up Palette is true to its name and literally “pops up” to stand for a hands-free application. Simply fold the opening to prop up the magnetic base creating a three-dimensional presentation.”
- Ofra Cosmetics Blush Winter Rose Glow Pan – $12. Described as A warm brown with subtle shimmer. It has become one of my favourite blushes as it has just enough pigment and pretty long-wearing.
- Butter London Double Decker Mascara – $20. When I read that you can get 200% thicker lashes in just one coat and a 314% increase in lash curl, I was sold. I indeed achieved noticeable longer lashes and attained the desired volume with just 2 coats. This is one of the best mascaras I’ve used and I loved it so much that I ended repurchasing it with my charms on the boxycharm charm room.
- South Mane 3 Eye Gel Packs. These undereye gel patches work really well, it leaves the skin feeling revitalised and for even better results, I place it in the fridge.
- Dr. Brandt- Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner Purifying Mask – $42. This product is said to be ideal for those with combination or oily skin. This formula does a great job at removing excess sebum and clearing the pores. It has a cooling effect that leaves the skin with a slightly tight sensation without leaving the skin feeling dry. After a few uses, I noticed that my pores appeared less prominent.
- BrowGal Instatint Eyebrow Gel – $22.“A tinted eyebrow gel formulated with volumizing microfibers to give the look of natural hair.” It has enough pigment to intensify the colour of the brows, has microfibres to add more volume and its gel so you know your brows are set in place. Literally, everything I look for in a brow gel.
- Colourpop Golden State Of Mind – $26. This was a limited edition palette with 15 shimmery eyeshadows. I was elated that I received this palette because I have all the others that were possible variations. The formula of the shadows across this palette isn’t consistent, some are creamy and more metallic and others are more glittery. I still really enjoy it for that pop of sparkly goodness on the lids.
- CoverFX Blurring Primer – $38. “A lightweight, soft focus primer that blurs the appearance of pores, fine lines, and other imperfections for ultra-smooth airbrushed skin.”. This has been my go-to primer for the past few months, so much so that I finished the one I received in my box and purchased a replacement from a friend. It glides on smoothly, fills the pores, giving a blurred airbrush effect.
- Pretty Vulgar The Ink Gel Eyeliner – $24. “A highly-pigmented, quick-drying, water-resistant gel eyeliner that stays in place all day.”. I’m not really big on gel liners and the only reason is that I struggle to create wings. I know I should probably practice more because that’s apparently the only way you become better at it. lol. This is the blackest gel liner I’ve ever used, it dries down matte and it’s water resistant. What else do you need in a gel liner?
LUXIE 3 PIECE CLASSIC FACE SET – $42: (1) Luxie Rose Gold Precision Foundation 660, (2) Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Highlighting Face Brush 522, (3) Luxie Rose Gold Duo Fiber Powder Brush 516. These brushes have synthetic bristles with a rose gold ferrule and chic pink handle. The bristles feel soft and all three brushes work perfectly. The foundation brush is the only one I don’t use for what it’s “meant” to be used for.
- Battington Monroe Silk Lashes – $28. It’s said that you can get up to 25 uses with the lashes. I haven’t tried them yet but I love the style as it has a more natural look. They feel pretty soft and the band doesn’t feel too thick.
- Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream mini size – $10. This cream smells like a holiday and I kept for our honeymoon. I’ve kept a little in this container just to take me back to that special time. It contains an ingredient called the guaraná caffeine which stimulates circulation and helps keep posteriors their smoothest and tightest.
- dr. brandt needles no more® NO MORE BAGGAGE™ eye de-puffing gel – $42. This gel has an orangy tint to it, the formula feels a tad bit tacky so you need the tiniest amount, warm it up been your fingers and dab gently under the eyes. Using too much product will leave your under eyes feeling extremely tight and uncomfortable and your makeup will crease horribly. It does work and one of the best products out there for depuffing the under eyes.
- NOTE Cosmetics Blush in Desert Rose – $11.99. One of my most reached for blushes. It’s pretty pigmented so you have to go in with a light hand. The creaminess of the formula makes it easy to blend and that’s what I love most.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks – $12.50. I can’t speak of long term skincare benefits since I only used them twice so far. I saved a pack for the morning of my wedding day and I could see that my eye area looked brighter and felt more moisturized.
- Luscious Angel Eyes Eyeshadow Primer – $17.95. It has a very thin consistency, pretty pigmented so you need a tiny bit to cover the eye area. I love that it covers the veins on my eyelids. It also really does well in holding the eyeshadow in place and extends the wear time.
- The Ojitos Brush Trio by Alamar Cosmetics – $18. A pretty basic set but you need these types of brushes in your collection so this was a great addition to my collection. They feel soft and work really well.
- KAT VON D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in K-dub – 20. A stunning magenta purple shade that settles to a beautiful flat matte finish. The consistency is pretty thin but not in a bad way, it applies smoothly, feels comfortable on the lips and wears well over 8 hours.
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara – $24. This has become another favourite mascara, I love everything about it. The formula isn’t too wet or dry and the brush is everything you could ever want in a mascara. The bristles are perfectly spaced ensuring each lash is well coated to give added volume and longer lashes.
- Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm – $22. An all natural cleansing balm that removes makeup with ease and gets rid of any excess oil and dirt.
- Luxie Beauty Limited Edition Luminous Eye Brush Set – $21. I didn’t think I’d love these brushes as much as I do. I love the sparkle detail on them as well as how small they are. These are perfect for detailed work and I’ve been reaching for them nearly every day.
- Cover FX Glitter Drops – $44. The multidimensional glitter is beautiful but a tad bit too glittery for my cheekbones but I love wearing it as an inner corner highlight, as an eyeshadow and lip topper as well as a body shimmer.
- Ace Beaute Grandiose Eyeshadow Palette – $24.99. A beautiful palette with a mix of mattes and shimmers. The shades a right up my alley and they’re highly pigmented with little to no fallout. I like this palette so much that I’ve purchased one for a giveaway in the near future.
- Lashaholic Lashes – $25. Another set that I have yet to use. Kept them because they look pretty fluffy with just enough volume.
- Spongelle’s Body Wash Infused Buffer in Blossom Bliss – $20. I’ve had one of these and really enjoyed it. It smells divine, you can get up to 14-16 uses and it leaves the skin feeling well polished.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream – $85. It has a lightweight formula that sits beautifully under makeup and leaves the skin looking and feeling well hydrated without feeling oily. This will be my 3rd-week using this cream and my skin definitely looks smoother and healthier.
- LUXIE Rose Gold Complete Face Brush Set – $65. I haven’t used this set yet but I know I’ll love them because I’ve enjoyed most of the Luxie brushes that I’ve received in my boxycharm boxes.
- VIOLET VOSS HG – PRO Eyeshadow Palette – $45. Such a stunning palette and the shadows feel buttery, blends effortlessly and wear really well. One of my favourite palettes.
- PYT Mini Straightener – $75. This is the perfect mini straightener for those tiny stubborn hairs. Absolutely love mine and it’s my favourite colour.
- Tarte tarteist shimmering lip paint in strike gold – $20. This shimmering paint can be worn by itself for a shiny fuller lip. It’s also perfect as a lip topper to add some sparkle and shine.
These are the products I’ve loved the most. Are you a charmer and if so, which of 2018’s products were your favourites?