I’m coming at you with yet another swatch fest and review of an amazing eyeshadow palette. This time around it’s about a brand that has quickly become one of the most talked about brands. Ladies and Gents, I present to you: “Juvia’s Place”.
About Juvia’s Place:
“One element that cuts across all human barriers and culture is makeup. Everybody deserves to look and feel beautiful with or without makeup. We’re all beautifully made!! Julia’s Place is your one-stop destination for beauty products, makeup brushes, and makeup tools and organisers. Make A statement. Shop today.
Juvia’s Place owner, Chichi Eburu, has brought black beauty to the cosmetics industry in a way we’ve never seen before. The Nigeria-born wife and mother of two launched her cosmetic company a little over two years ago, and even she can’t quite wrap her mind around the rapid growth of the brand. Juvia’s Place is known for highly pigmented eyeshadow palettes that feature images of the Egyptian Queen Nefertiti.”
Juvia’s place “The Saharan” palette:
Before I purchased this palette I had seen so many ladies gushing over it as well as the others that were launched before this one. I was dying to see what the hype was all about. I recall chatting with a friend not so long ago and saying to her that I NEEDED some colour in my life, so the minute I laid my eyes on this palette I knew it was an opportunity to step outside my comfort zone. Aaaand, let me just say, I AM BEYOND IMPRESSED!
According to Juvia’s Place, The Saharan palette was inspired by the vibrancy and vivaciousness of the Fulani culture.
The packaging is a sturdy magnetic cardboard casing in an intense coral pink. On the front is a picture of Nerfititi – whose name means “a beautiful woman has come” and is depicted as a powerful, independent woman. The inside of the palette is a light teal colour (that’s the best way I can describe it)
These eyeshadows are so vibrant and a dream to apply. They are sensationally smooth, creamy and highly pigmented. The palette contains an excellent set of shades, ranging from neutral shades as well as BRIGHT shades which will dare you to get out of your comfort zone. I must admit that I’ve always played it safe when it came to eyeshadows but now I can’t wait to play around and get creative with bright colours. I feel makeup can be fun and playful and this is the perfect palette to do so, so why not?
It has 12 beautifully integrated shades which consist of 4 matte, 4 satin and 4 metallic shades. Below is the list of the shade names and a short colour description.
- SOKOTO is a matte vivid red shade with a hint of orange. This is a gorgeous shade that blends beautifully.
- WODAABE is a bright metallic gold shade. The luxurious feel and quality of this shade are absolutely amazing.
- BORORO is a satin cranberry/ rose gold shade. Rose gold is one of those must-have shades.
- KIA is a metallic blackened based teal shade. This is another rich and velvety shade that applies effortlessly.
- ZOYA is a satin light peach gold shade. This was the only shade I experienced a slight problem with. It’s just not as pigmented as the others. I’m a bit bummed because it’s such a stunning shade.
- IMAN is a satin pearly white shade with a slight touch of light blue. This is one shade I just haven’t managed to play around with. (Please share some looks?)
- JAMILA is a matte brick red. This is such a smooth and lush matte shade that blends beautifully.
- SENEGAL is a metallic bronze. I feel that his another one that is currently on trend and an absolute must have.
- CHAD is a matte black. This is a silky matte black that is extremely pigmented so use a light hand ladies.
- KATSINA is a matte taupe almond brown and perfect as a transition shade.
- LULU is a satin peachy shade.It’s the perfect shade for when you’re feeling girly.
- FULA is a metallic pink shade that has a tinge of cranberry. Also another must-have. I feel I’ve been saying that about all of these shades. Lol. It just shows you how much I actually love this palette.
I’m totally in love with the palette. The level of pigmentation and just how amazingly smooth and rich these shades are is enough reason to purchase this palette. I love that it’s a well-rounded palette with a mixture neutrals as well as playful bright colours. I guess Juvia’s Place is known for this.
The formula is pretty consistent and as I’ve mentioned above there was only one shade that wasn’t as pigmented as the others but that’s not really a big deal for me. The mattes are super smooth and easy to blend. The metallics are insanely pigmented and an absolute dream to apply. I’ve experienced minimal fallout and I must say that I’m fascinated by the longevity of these eyeshadows because I’m all about that “Slay All Day” and these definitely don’t disappoint.
I highly recommend this palette, not only is the quality incredible but the price is unbeatable. I purchased mine from FASHION POLICE and laaadies, please do yourself a favour and check out this online store. I always go online just to lust. (Make-up addict problems- I’m sure most of you will understand). They sell a huge selection of international branded makeup and their services are Amazing. My packaged arrived all securely covered in a gorgeous wrapping. I love the extra care and personal touch added to the experience. It shows that they’re really passionate about what they do.
Here is a list of other online stores where you’re able to purchase this palette from:
Ps. Prices may vary.
I’ve had this palette for a few months. Here are some looks I’ve created.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the read. Do you own this palette or any of the Juvia’s place palettes? If so, please comment below. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Toodles Stunners. Xx